June 14, 2009

let me explain...


the last post i wrote that i would be writing less to spend time with my family. little did i know how i would be made to do that!

our temporary living (the apartment in tulsa) doesn't have internet. it really
stinks!  to be honest - i hate it! there is just no reason to get it when we will be moving to our house at the end of the summer. the nice guy i married let's me go to panera bread every couple of days to get my fix on their free wifi :)

that's just the way it is & i will have to deal with it.... unfortunately. so my blogs will be very few until we move & no pictures.

stink. again.

we moved to tulsa (a week ago) 

we had a rough start... dirty apartment & i mean
gross dirty. hair in the bathrooms, stains on the comforters, dog hair, all the drawers & closets needed to be wiped down, the pans in the kitchen had looked used & i'm not sure they were washed... ever.

when we signed up for the furnished apartment this is not what i was thinking. i wanted to move in & have no signs of no one living there. it really grossed me out. (((i still does))) it really made me upset that i was paying them all this money & i had to come in & clean the whole thing before trying to get settled.

that same night at bedtime b started crying saying, "i want to go home" i was trying to comfort him by telling him this is our new home, we live in tulsa now but by the end i was crying along with him.

saturday was a little better. we stocked up on food & new towels (((no way was i going to use the ones there!))) that night we meet up with friends & played at the park. just hanging out, cool weather... nice & relaxing.

sunday was even better! didn't have to be at church until 10:45, didn't have to sit on the front row, no responsibilities. i little weird but it was a nice change. good service & then lunch with friends.

me & the boys are staying busy with swimming, library trips, getting lost figuring out the new town (((it would help if i could figure out how to use the GPS he bought!))), free movie, free bowling, spray grounds, free concert. (((do you get the theme... FREE!!!))) 

it didn't start out how i thought i would but by the end of the first week its all good. i like tulsa more & more. chad likes tulsa & the boys, well they like anywhere if they are getting to have fun!

i know, i know, i know we are suppost to be here & that gives me peace & makes me like this new city even more. we are in God's perfect will.

7 comments:

beckylbranch said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing okay-moving is rough! Especially when it's a place that is your "home" but not really your HOME! It's gotta be hard! I would have freaked out too...I am a major clean freak! But I am sure you made it the best you can and now everything will fall into place. You are such a good wifey and mother :) Praying for you during this transition-Much Love, Becky

suzspeaks said...

I'm so glad it's getting better! I'm really sad we never got to meet while you were here.. I was thinking about that the other day!

Kim Masengale said...

Girl, I am praying for you. We are in a similar place... you're living in a temporary apartment that you're not happy with and we are living in a hotel. :) But, we are going to have amazing stories to share, aren't we?! And, you are going to love Tulsa. It was by far one of my very favorite places we've lived!!

Heather said...

I can totally relate! I am glad that things are getting easier and praying that you will meet a kindred spirit!!

Anonymous said...

Well that's a rough start, but it will get better. Hang in there and just enjoy hanging out with the boys!

~ A Moxie Mom said...

I'm sorry that it was such a rough start, but I'm glad that it got better for you. We went through a similar experience when we were waiting for our home to be built. Btw, that is a beautiful photo of Tulsa.

Mandy said...

Hope the moving process keeps getting better!