he's a keeper!!!
February 27, 2009
last night i was lucky enough to go to... WINTER JAM
o.my.word was it CROWDED! we walked around, up & down the stairs looking for seats for about 30 minutes... no lie.finally at the VERY top we found seats... our view: the top of their heads
chad left to meet someone & ended up finding us better seats.
well, some might say they are not better - they were behind the stage but to us & our OLD ears it was not so loud back there.
was that even possible?!?! my ears were ringing by the end of the night!
i'm not too big on knowing who sings what songs. i am always asking chad who sings this.
last night i was singing along but did not have a clue who it was UNTIL... TOBY MAC!!! huge fan, have been since his dc talk days. anybody know who i'm talking about???
it was an AMAZING show... even though we saw it all from behind!!!
if winter jam comes to your area you need to go... worth the $10 to get in.
February 26, 2009
* i'm thankful for the nice weather today... 78 is the high today!
* i'm thankful that my talk with k was helpful last week & that a good note was sent home today from his teacher.
* i'm thankful knowing that God is FAITHFUL!
* i'm thankful for the lessons i learn while teaching the middle school girls sunday school class every week. i was not excepting that!
* i'm thankful that i got my lazy behind out of bed... finally & started working out again this week.
* i'm thankful that i was able to bless someone with some stuff out of my FREE stuff cabinet.
February 25, 2009
i had seen it out on the shelves at stores for months, seen commercials about it, read some of your blogs & so i wanted to see... feel for myself why everyone just loved this enlarged egg.
when i saw it in the bag i was squealed with excitement like a little kid.
i then spent the next ten minutes trying to get it out. man, i hate all that plastic! i was so ready to try it out!
not as good as a pedicure... because you are the one doing the work but its cheaper than going to get one & it has made my o.so.rough & dried out winter feet ready for spring!
if you don't have you... its a must!!!
February 24, 2009
during the show i had to do some examining of myself. i would like to say that true beauty always shines from me but that would be a lie. but its a reminder now, at the front of my brain that "TRUE BEAUTY" is my actions to others, to the people around me. doing nice, thoughtful things when NO ONE ELSE is watching. doing acts of kindness because that is what God wants that from me. and i want to make Him smile.
February 23, 2009
i guess the bad weekend started on friday night when i opened my BIG mouth & told my nice husband he was lazy. horrible & mean of me, i know & i wish i would not have even said it.
i did say sorry. (and sorry again chad if you read this - you & i both know lazy is not a word to use to describe you)
saturday was the day we were going to "act like" it was my birthday since sunday's chad is gone most of the day practicing fine arts (human videos) with the students.
after breakfast we headed to the mall for chad to check some shoes. i told him i would buy him a new pair since last week his got reaped while doing something for ladies night... that is the least i could do!
we had a little over an hour before we needed to leave & head to the circus.
we left the mall with no shoes & everyone hungry.
we headed to some fast food restaurant that we had never gone to. i'm cheap & compared to mcdonald's this place was EXPENSIVE! i stated i didn't want to waste money on this food when i knew it could be bought cheapier somewhere else.
from there the attitudes just got worse... we did have a good time at the circus though.
chad tried to redeem the day so we headed back to the mall so i could shop. bad idea! well, i did find 2 cute shirts but by this time the boys had had enough & did not want to be there. there were very bad which again put us all in bad moods again. (our fault we shouldn't not have gone back to the mall!)
at home, we all said sorry & went to bed.
SUNDAY (my actually birthday) was MUCH better!
every sunday i have to get myself dressed & the boys & out the door by 9 to be on time for sunday school. we did it & without me having to send either one of them to time-out or give any death threats. (ha!) we all left happy & in a good mood!!!
off to a good start!
people & students were sweet with nice things to say & cards. i did get called "old" several times, but that doesn't bother me. age is just a number.
for lunch we went to chiplote. i like going there just for the chips & guacamole. the boys were good the whole time. it was wonderful!
chad then headed back to the church for the afternoon & i needed to go to a few stores around town. it was brave of me to try that with the boys but i squeezed in the pest store in between my stores & it made a world of difference with them. :)
that evening we had home groups, small groups, whatever you want to call them at our house with 9th & 10th grades. after a few of them had arrive one of them jokingly said, "what a great way to spend your birthday... with a bunch of teenagers!" it was a great way. i love those students & so glad that they come into our home every other sunday night. they sang to me, ate & drank all my food, had alot of fun playing, learning, being a small family.
it was a rough start but how it ended was GREAT! then k, b, and chad sang to me one more time & i was knocked almost down with kisses & hugs. it was a sweet ending!
February 21, 2009
valentine's for us is about FAMILY.
we started a new tradition this year for the boys... instead of buying them a card that will get thrown away sooner or later. we are going to buy them a valentine book for them to keep & read over & over.
no date for chad & i... i like it that way. why pick one day to share the love? it should be EVERYDAY!!!
for breakfast we went to krispy kreme doughnuts... heart shaped!
for lunch we had pizza... heart shaped!
then that evening my brother, michael got us FREE tickets to the PBR. (so fun - kaden talked & squealed with excitement the whole time we were there)
it was FUN FAMILY FILLED day with alot of LOVE, HUGS & KISSES!!!
February 20, 2009
frozen, blueberry, homemade... doesn't matter to them.
not hard... i can handle that.
well, yesterday while folding clothes i watched jon & kate plus eight.
(could you even imagine that many kids?!?!?)
they made my mornings easier... all because of this...
cut the pancakes with a pizza cutter!
i tried it this morning & it saved seconds!!! alot easier.
now i just need to find a travel pizza cutter to fit into my purse for when we eat out... anybody seen one?!?! ha ha
February 19, 2009
did you even notice i was gone for a couple of days
or even miss me?!?!?!
i didn't leave the blogging world
my life here in oklahoma has been a LITTLE busy!
every year for the past 4 years we do an outreach/event on a wednesday night in february called "LADIES NIGHT"
(this is the only pic i took - i will post more once i get some from the guy who took them)
its a BIG deal... decorations in the youth room, gym, & outside, giveaways, food, things for them to do while waiting for the service to start. its ALOT of work but so worth it!
the whole night is around one theme. this year it was BEAUTIFUL.
over the years of doing it the students have started dressing up, even the guys! i'm talking dresses, high heel shoes, the guys wear ties (they don't even do this on sunday's) its CRAZY but you can tell that they are having a blast. we are creating some memories that will last a lifetime for them.
i say all that to say, my house is a MESS!!!! piles & piles of laundry & dirty dishes, unmade beds & i don't even want to take a picture after i sweep today! (ha)
i also need to do some picture posting from our family valentine's day (great day!) and i will come visit your blogging world again soon.
i have missed being on here. its an addition, a drug for me! ha
i'm off to do some MUCH NEEDED cleaning...
February 16, 2009
just a fun internet game - WRONG!!!
it turned into 10 or 15 minutes of me trying to pass the 3rd grade!
i have to confess something.
i had to look at this:
i was just getting so frustrated & mad that i could not figure out those small northern states.
i only looked at it maybe two or three times.
and of course, not while i was actually taking the quiz. :)
i want you to take 50 states challenge & see how well you do & how long.
let me know how long it takes you... happy monday!!!
February 14, 2009
* i love to watch him play sports.
* i love to receive pictures that he draws for me.
* "aah pickles" is what he says when he messes up.
* i love that fact that he is so honest... that he comes & tells me when he did something wrong.
* i love that he puts his plate in the sink after every meal.
* i love his smile!
* i love that he takes so many great pictures - he's photogenic.
* i love his passion that he has.
* i love his HUGE dimples!
* i love the fact that he's a mama's boy.
* i love that when he takes he's shoes off he either takes them to his room or put them neatly somewhere.
* i love that he only says 2 words & you know what he's talking about or what he wants.
* i love the sound of he's laughter... & we hear it often.
* i love how easy going he is.
* i love his cool hair... born with it... so easy to fix!
* i love his hugs i receive every morning.
* "lovey" is how he says love you.
* i love how quickly he obeys.
* now you go & tell your kids or write them a note, call them, tell them some how what you love about them. it will do wonders for their confidence! and it will make you both smile for sharing some love!!!
February 13, 2009
* i love his feet... the prettiest & softest feet you will EVER feel.
* i love that he gets kaden dressed for school in the mornings.
* i love his eyes... they change colors with what he's wearing. so cool!
* i love how funny he is... really the funniest guy i know.
* i love he's creativity... it amazes me the ideas he pulls out of he's head.
* i love that he's a perfectionist, list maker & neat like me.
* i love how well we get along.
* i love that we are each others best friend.
* i love that he always keeps my car clean & gas tank full.
* i love that he is trying his best to be the best father to k & b.
* i love that taking out the trash is his job!
* i love that he makes me & the boys his TOP priority.
* i love that he is always trying to learn & grow.
* i love to hear him speak on.
* i love that he likes to shop with me.
* i love that he always drives when we go on trips. (i hate to drive!)
* what do you LOVE about your husband?
go & tell them... it will make his day!!!
February 12, 2009
today i will simply kick it off with a short list of insignificant things that I love.
my chi straightener... o' what did i do before those things were invented!
coupons & getting things for free. it really excites me to organize & save money.
flat shoes... i'm 5'7 (pretty tall) so i have never worn heels much. i own at least 15 pairs of flats (maybe more) & even more flip flops.
lip gloss... any kind. i just think my lips, my face looks a little bit better with some shine or color on the lips :)
my coach purse... in the perfect shade of blue. i have owned MANY of purses but this one is just perfect. i love everything about it!
my digital camera... what was i thinking not wanting to get one??? it took chad at least a year to convince me that digital is the way to go. so glad i finally gave in! now i can take, take, take & then delete, delete, delete!
now you tell me... what are some of the things you LOVE?
February 11, 2009
i know you do!
i skipped sweeping my house one day.
that's it... ONE day & this is what i get... i was shocked! grossed out!
how could a family of 4 produce that much nastiness in such a short amount of time?!?!?
am i the only one living this way?
hope not! :)
February 10, 2009
i would look on there every once in awhile but never bought anything until last month.
i was in search for the perfect gift for my mom.
yes, its really late birthday gift but i think i accomplished what i wanted to do... finding something she will love & cherish forever... put it in a frame & you have our family tree.
the lady making it had to make it larger than she normally does - ha! i would say 21 family members is a BIG family! anybody else have that BIG of a family?
i have had it over a week now (sorry mom!) i am enjoying looking at it but its in the mail today!
February 9, 2009
we are loving it, esp the boys!
we spent ALL of saturday outside - painting the garage door & shutters, mowing, new mulch & of course it would not have been a successful day if the boys didn't play in the dirt.
just look at their faces... too cute, even with dirt all over it!!!
February 6, 2009
- last night chad & i went on a DATE!!! shame on us, but we don't do this enough. our only rule for the night - no talking about work/church stuff. it was REALLY & fun! we went to a nice dinner & then late movie. almost a little late for me. i almost feel asleep in the movies. ha what do you & your husband do for date night??? give me so ideas for the next time :)
- kaden found the remote control to the t.v. we looked everywhere but here...
- a man in the church is a chef at the chef school & he invited us in today to try some things. FREE yummy lunch!
February 5, 2009
melinda gave me my SOMETHING NEW...
- These blogs are exceedingly charming.
- These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends.
- They are not interested in self-aggrandizement.
- Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated.
- Please give more attention to these writers.
- Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.
i pass this one to:
i HATE to leave people out so please - if you want either one of these awards then i award it to you :)
go & share the LOVE!!!
February 4, 2009
not a christan book (usually what i read)
throughout the whole book it talks about finding & knowing your strengths & weaknesses.
to thrive in life, you must understand your weakness, so clearly that they never trip you up.
learn how to name, own & channel your strength's so that the rest of us can benefit from them.
weakness - any activity that leaves you feeling weaker after doing it
strength - pay close attention to what you're feeling before, during, after an activity.
along with the book come with a REMEMO PAD (helping you reveal your strenths using everyday experiences) - you carry this notepad around with you for a week & when you feel strong / weak you write down the activity you're doing.
i can't tell you enough, explain any better how good & how this book has changed my outlook on what i do as a youth pastor's wife. i no longer feel guilty for not doing certain things because i know its not my strength. i don't need to foucs on my weaknesses which makes me tired, upset, & discouraged. i need to focus my time & engery on what excite me, encourage,& uplift me. if you're doing something that you really like & you do it well then your attitude, your life will show it. the people around you will also benefit from it too.
a HUGE burden was lifted!
February 3, 2009
all you need is 3 things:
- print out pictures
- mod podge
we used 16x20 canvas' (it was a big wall we were putting them on, so we needed a bigger impact) got the canvas' at hobby lobby. i bought the 2 pack for $9.99 & had a 40% coupon.
mod podge can also be bought at hobby lobby.
the prints we got printed out at kinko's. i had them printed out a little bit larger (18x22) so i could wrap the picture around the edges. why do this you might ask??? i didn't want any of the white around the edges to show. i got all 3 prints for $3.26, but nothing i do EVER comes out right the first time. chad went back the second time & they charged him $2.50 each. not sure why???
i did black & white because we like it better but also because of $$$. if you would get this size print printed out in color your talking about spending A LOT of money.
why i had to buy extra prints from kinko's was because at my first attempt i put mod podge all over the canvas. this made the picture bubble & look horrible. we finally figured out to only put a little in the corner. let it dry, then seal it all over the top of the picture.
easy project & the whole thing cost less than $25.00 - SUPER DEAL!!!! you can't buy art work that cute in the stores!!!! ha ha
i hope i explained it well enough for you to try at home. please let me know if you do - i want to see your masterpieces!