October 16, 2008

rare...

i have had two good afternoons this week where my boys have played peacefully & nicely together for an hour or longer. woohoo!!! i don't get very many of these days, sad to admit. i am always talking with them trying to teach both of them to share, to be considerate of each other, take turns, that family (esp bothers) are so important. i pray that all my words are sinking in & one day they will grow up & have a great brother bond. i know that there will be fights & disagreements between them, but i want to teach them that family, esp the bond between brothers is so important. i know this only from experience with my 3 brothers that i LOVE so very much!
the pictures below are them making a fort with EVERY toy, bike, chair, & anything else they could move themselves that was in the backyard.



today they played in the mud. they LOVE to play in the mud. they would do it everyday if i would let them, but usually i say no because they are a MESS to clean up with afterwards!



we ended with a bubble bath full of LOTS of laughs!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Pictures! I always loved playing in the mud and rain when I was a boy and my Mom would let me.... I don't think we had bubble bath back then! Lyt!

Monika said...

so fun!! Are you still loving your floors?

The Bray Family said...

The mud pictures remind me of one of your first blogs when you were playing in the mud...remember?! Like Mother, like sons!

Hazel said...

OH MY GOSH THE LAST PICTURE IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! I MISS U GUYS!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

LOVE it!

Man, they'd get along good with my 3 boys :)

So fun to see other moms experience the same stuff...