December 30, 2008

project 365


candy, a blogging friend over at everyone has a story to tell is doing this for the up & coming year... PROJECT 365

a picture or pictures a day.

to capture your busyness of life, the excitement, the highs & lows of life thru your camera lens.

and then post about it.

i have been really thinking about to do or not to do this for over two weeks.

why? i'm not sure.

maybe i'm really scared that i can't do it. i don't like to start things & not finish them.

but the more i think about it. the more i know i need to at least try. i already take A LOT of pictures, sitting down at the computer & blogging about them is a different story.

i do want to post pictures for the family to see & enjoy.

i do (really bad) want to get better at taking pictures. some day i would LOVE to take a photo class or classes at a college. time will tell about that!

PROJECT 365 will begin on january 1st. it will be the entire year of 2009 with DAILY post.

WHY DO IT???

taking a photo a day is a big undertaking with big payoffs. here are just a few reasons why you should consider doing it:

imagine being able to look back at any day of your year and recall what you did, who you met, what you learned… (often we find it hard to remember what we did just yesterday or even last night, let alone a whole year ago!)

your year-long photo album will be an amazing way to document your travels and accomplishments, your haircuts and relationships. Time moves surprisingly fast.

so think about it & maybe you will want to join in too!

5 comments:

The Bray Family said...

Oh geez, thats sounds hard! I guess we could just do our best though!

suzspeaks said...

Ok...there is another project 365 too that I'm going to try but it is an actual scrapbook! if you get a chance email me today at work -

suzanne dot m dot winn @ chase.com

Anonymous said...

I'm really looking forward to this! Thank you!

Rach@In His Hands said...

I'm doing this, too!!! I'm always up for a challenge and the benefits are pretty great. I can't wait to start!

Anonymous said...

I don't really think I'd do this for an entire year. I just know myself and I'm good at sticking to a schedule.

Good luck with your year in photos. Can't wait to see your pictures.
-FringeGirl