February 23, 2009

all aboaut me...

it should have been since it was my birthday yesterday, but things don't always seem to work out like i plan them in my head.

i guess the bad weekend started on friday night when i opened my BIG mouth & told my nice husband he was lazy. horrible & mean of me, i know & i wish i would not have even said it.

i did say sorry. (and sorry again chad if you read this - you & i both know lazy is not a word to use to describe you)

saturday was the day we were going to "act like" it was my birthday since sunday's chad is gone most of the day practicing fine arts (human videos) with the students.

after breakfast we headed to the mall for chad to check some shoes. i told him i would buy him a new pair since last week his got reaped while doing something for ladies night... that is the least i could do!

we had a little over an hour before we needed to leave & head to the circus.

we left the mall with no shoes & everyone hungry.

we headed to some fast food restaurant that we had never gone to. i'm cheap & compared to mcdonald's this place was EXPENSIVE! i stated i didn't want to waste money on this food when i knew it could be bought cheapier somewhere else.

from there the attitudes just got worse... we did have a good time at the circus though.

chad tried to redeem the day so we headed back to the mall so i could shop. bad idea! well, i did find 2 cute shirts but by this time the boys had had enough & did not want to be there. there were very bad which again put us all in bad moods again. (our fault we shouldn't not have gone back to the mall!)

at home, we all said sorry & went to bed.

SUNDAY (my actually birthday) was MUCH better!

every sunday i have to get myself dressed & the boys & out the door by 9 to be on time for sunday school. we did it & without me having to send either one of them to time-out or give any death threats. (ha!) we all left happy & in a good mood!!!

off to a good start!

people & students were sweet with nice things to say & cards. i did get called "old" several times, but that doesn't bother me. age is just a number.

for lunch we went to chiplote. i like going there just for the chips & guacamole. the boys were good the whole time. it was wonderful!

chad then headed back to the church for the afternoon & i needed to go to a few stores around town. it was brave of me to try that with the boys but i squeezed in the pest store in between my stores & it made a world of difference with them. :)

that evening we had home groups, small groups, whatever you want to call them at our house with 9th & 10th grades. after a few of them had arrive one of them jokingly said, "what a great way to spend your birthday... with a bunch of teenagers!" it was a great way. i love those students & so glad that they come into our home every other sunday night. they sang to me, ate & drank all my food, had alot of fun playing, learning, being a small family.

it was a rough start but how it ended was GREAT! then k, b, and chad sang to me one more time & i was knocked almost down with kisses & hugs. it was a sweet ending!





13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! You have such a cute family1

Megan said...

I am glad your weekend ended better than it started. We all have weekend like that from time to time! Happy birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is today. It has been pretty good so far. For a Monday. I am glad everything turned out good. The pictures of you and your boys are so cute.

Rach@In His Hands said...

Happy Birthday, girlfriend! I'm glad you had a great day.......too bad the day before was a bummer!

6 Happy Hearts said...

Happy Cake Day!! Your family is so stinkin cute!!! I totally get you on Sundays. We have four to dress & get out the door before 9a?!

Daisy said...

Happy Birthday!!! <3

Monika said...

Glad it all worked out. You know any day that lance and I have off together we end up fighting the whole time. It is so wierd, but usually because we aren't having good communication. happy birthday again!!

Amber Filkins said...

Happy Birthday!! So glad your weekend turned out good.

And I LOVE that humungous barn star in your living room!!

And your family is adorable, of course. :)

Amber
XOXOXOXO

beckylbranch said...

I'm glad everything turned around for your b-day! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Those are such cute pics of your boys...I do my blog headers in photoshop and illustrator, I just find stuff I like and put it all together...that is whey I'm constantly changing it...it's an addiction seriously!ha!

Elizabeth Byler Younts said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! How adorable are you in those photos! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures...all the family here in Texas had a big celebration Sunday in your honor! LYT

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, I am glad it turned out allright in the end!~

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Fun! I love chipotle...and your shirt, super cute :)